SPEC OIL QUENCHING OIL 32
Spec Oil Quench Oil is a standard speed quenching oil which is based on a mineral oil of low viscosity.
It is recommended that a consistent temperature be maintained to ensure uniform quenching characteristics. In case where standard speed, general purpose quenching oil is required. When quenching alloys that have well hardening ability, good results with minimum distortion is achieved.
- The low viscosity mineral oil ensures good quenching characteristics for thorough hardness.
- Economical to use due to low drag-out.
- Quench consistency is maintained by ease of circulation and therefore risk of fire is also reduced.
- High flash point reduces fire risk and ensures improved working conditions by reducing losses due to evaporation and fuming.
- Good oxidation stability reduces acid build-up which decreases the possibility of staining.
- Also increases the useful life of oil by reducing sludge build-up and thickening of oil.
- Avoid water entry.
- Allow for thermal expansion when filling quench tank with fresh cold oil.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL CHARACTRISTICS
Density @20 C KG L
Viscosity @ 40 ◦C
Viscosity @ 100 ◦C
Flash Point ◦C (Min)
Pour Point ◦C (Max)